Thursday, June 4, 2009

Toddler Bed Terrors!

Jocelynn got a really cute princess bed for her birthday. Her crazy parents thought it would be a great idea... Boy were we wrong! This is where Jocelynn goes to sleep at night, after 2 - 2.5 hours of in and out, in and out, in and out.....

And this is where Jocelynn usually wakes up in the morning after hours of in and out, in and out, in and out, in and out...

If she doesn't wake up in our bed, she is usually up by 7(rather than her ususal 8-8:30), which means on average she is getting about 3 hours less sleep than normal...Any advice anyone? We are ready to throw the dumb bed out - so if you need a cute princess bed, let me know! It's been 2 weeks, and we are all exhausted - more than exhausted really...

3 comments:

Karli said...

that's totally my fear! I obviously have no advice since we aren't to this stage yet, but I will cross my fingers that it gets easier! Poor thing...I wish they could stay in cribs till they're teenagers when they want to sleep lots! (:

Cori said...

For us we never went the toddler bed route. It was worth it to me to get big beds cause I knew I would have to lay by them. So all of my kids have gone straight to big kid beds from their cribs. And I would just go lay by them if I needed to. it was just easier that way. Plus they learn to love their beds. Good luck this is one of those hard transitions that is all trail and error.

Sarah C said...

So sweet. Good luck.